Lead Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Audette is a climatetech company creating actionable data-driven decarbonization plans for commercial real-estate portfolios. Using AI to capture and analyze key building data, Audette’s end-to-end platform digitizes the outdated process of identifying emissions-reduction opportunities.
About the role
The engineering team at Audette is looking for a Lead Engineer to help us apply best practice in software engineering, software architecture, and clean maintainable code.
As a Lead Engineer at Audette, you will be responsible for building out the tools and products that commercial building owners use to convert complex building data into actionable insights.
Our engineering team has extensive expertise across data pipelining, distributed databases, at-scale web-applications, large-scale front-end applications and data visualizations. We work relentlessly towards our goals, and care a great deal about building quality products with a talented, authentic team.
- Apply best practices in software engineering, Agile development, software architecture, and writing clean maintainable code.
- Manage, mentor, and upskill the software engineering team.
- Full stack development in Python, React, and SQL.
- Build a distributed software system, including best practices around:
- communication and decoupling between services
- feature flagging
- code reviews
- fast flow
- Build consensus and buy-in across the team around best practices.
- Elevate new features during the growth phase with feedback and rigorous testing.
- Monitor and resolve client-side and server-side issues.
- Take initiative working with other teams and functions to drive important changes through for our users and our colleagues, and spot places where we can work smarter without having to be asked.
- Prioritize well and help others on the team sort through what work is the most important, and help them stay focused.
- Ensure optimal performance, refactor codes and fix bugs in the maintenance phase.
- Experience managing a team of engineers.
- Strong communication skills with experience communicating complicated problems effortlessly so others can understand.
- Strong understanding of web development principles.
- Proactive, with a passion for enhancing user experience and a keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with continuous deployment, automated testing, and feature flags.
- Desire to be more than just a dev, to have a product eye, to help decide what to build, how to build it, and own a feature from inception to release.
Our Tech Stack
- Web servers (Quart, Flask, FastAPI)
- GraphQL server (Ariadne)
- Object Relational Mappers (SQLAlchemy)
- Authentication and Authorization (Auth0/Okta, Auth0 FGA)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Artifact Registry
- Cloud Run
- Cloud SQL
- Containerization (Docker)
- IaC (Terraform)