Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
There is no carbon-free future without carbon-free real estate. The need to identify pathways to decarbonize the commercial building stock is a large and growing problem, and the manual process of hiring experts to physically visit every building to identify opportunities can not scale with the demand.
Audette is a climate tech company creating actionable data-driven decarbonization plans for commercial real-estate portfolios. Using AI to capture and analyze key building data, Audette’s end-to-end platform puts the needed insights into the hands of key stakeholders to help them drive the transition to carbon free real estate.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Modelling Platform team, you will work alongside Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Building Scientists, and Machine Learning Engineers to extend our modelling platform to meet emerging customer needs. You will take ownership of entire features as they move from inception through design, prototypes, implementation, and deployment, and identify and make process and infrastructure improvements to help the team quickly ship high-quality software.
Our engineering team has extensive expertise across data pipelining, distributed databases, at-scale web applications, large-scale front-end applications, and data visualizations. We work relentlessly towards our goals and are passionate about building quality products with a talented, authentic team.
- Write clean, high-quality code, and tests while keeping the user experience fast and reliable.
- Elevate new features during the growth phase with feedback and rigorous testing.
- Collaborate with the team to experiment, validate, and develop MVPs during the inception phase.
- Identify process and tooling improvements to help the team ship high-quality software more often.
- Monitor and resolve client-side and server-side issues.
- Collaborate with other teams to drive important changes, and spot places where we can work smarter without having to be asked.
- Prioritize well and help others on the team sort through what work is the most important, and help them stay focused.
- Ensure optimal performance, refactor code and fix bugs in the maintenance phase.
- Define and maintain strong business domain boundaries in the software architecture.
- Deep experience with Python, including using it for linear algebra, graph traversal optimization, satisfiability problems, and expert systems.
- Experience with Docker and Google Cloud Platform, or similar technologies and platforms.
- Strong understanding of web development principles.
- Experience designing microservice architectures
- Deep understanding of modern, scalable software design patterns
- Proactive, with a passion for enhancing user experience and a keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with continuous deployment, automated testing, and feature flags.
- Desire to be more than just a dev, to have a product eye, to help decide what to build, how to build it, and own a feature from inception to release.