Senior Data Engineer
Ensemble Energy (now part of SparkCognition Inc.) provides a SaaS platform for renewable energy power plants. Our mission is to accelerate the clean energy revolution by making it more competitive using the power of data. Ensemble’s AI-enabled SaaS platform provides prescriptive analytics to power plant operators by combining the power of machine learning, big data, and deep domain expertise. As a full-time senior data engineer, you will be mentoring data engineers but will also be hands-on in developing and deploying fault-tolerant ETL pipelines, perform data analysis, visualization and enable the development of ML algorithms.
Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in data engineering; strong understanding of data engineering principles using big data technologies
• Exposure to deploying ETL pipelines such as AirFlow, Docker containers and Lambda functions
• Expertise in relational databases (MSSQL/MySQL/Postgres) and hands-on experience in writing optimal SQL queries. Experience in ElasticSearch is preferred.
• Excellent programming skills in Python is mandatory
• Experience in AWS cloud services such as AWS CLI, Lambda, Kinesis etc
• Ability to demonstrate a portfolio of projects on GitHub or Kaggle
• A can-do attitude and desire to make a change
Come join an exciting startup that is working on immense technical challenges and a mission to do our part to fight climate change.