Senior Python Software Engineer
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Granular is a fast-growing climate tech startup developing a platform to help the electricity system transition towards 24/7 clean energy. You can find out more about the 24/7 energy space in this article.
Our SaaS platform provides portfolio management solutions to electricity companies and suppliers, to help them solve the issue of hourly matching between green generation and consumption, at scale. We are active across Europe and the US and have partnered with Europe’s leading power exchange and grid operators, among others. Following a recent oversubscribed funding round, we are extremely well funded with a long runway.
In a typical day you will
- Develop, test and release new functionality that powers the Granular Energy Platform. At its heart, this is a sophisticated optimisation problem matching green energy consumption and production coupled with financial risk management and mitigation.
- Help define & shape new product features by working with product and across the organisation
- Contribute and help to improve the ways of working and team culture
- Because the team is small, there are opportunities to get involved in other projects like hiring and team organization, product testing, platform architecture, and strategy if that's of interest
Our current tech stack
- Backend: Python exposing REST and GraphQL APIs
- Database: Postgres
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes on Azure, service bus (message broker), blob storage
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Be passionate about team best practices, culture, welfare, and productivity
- Be comfortable moving fast whilst maintaining quality, well-tested software
- Fluent English speaker
- High degree of curiosity for the energy sector
- Great interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Experience in startup and/or remote environments is a strong plus
- Analytical mindset / mathematical background is a plus
NB: We are committed to diversity and developing talent. If you do not have all the skills listed below but think you have what we’re looking for, we’d still love to hear from you!
- International, remote-first team
- Flat hierarchy and flexible organization
- Make your mark on an early-stage product in a rapidly changing, high-impact space
- Holidays: min of 30 days + national holidays
- Employee Share Options: you’ll receive more information during the recruitment process. All employees receive share options in line with market standards
- Initial 30 minute screening call
- 1st interview (with CTO)
- Take home assignment
- Final interview (with CTO, backend developer and product)
Granular is a remote-first organisation and this role is 100% remote. Ideally, you are located within 6h from Paris/London by train, in order to attend our all-hands physical events (ca. quarterly). The team is currently spread across multiple cities in FR, UK, NL and CH.