Enterprise Customer Success Manager
Working to solve our climate crisis is the most important mission of our time, and the most exciting problem to be working on. Overstory’s mission is to help solve our climate crisis by providing real-time intelligence about the planet’s vegetation. In our first step toward this mission, we are applying machine learning to satellite imagery to track forests and vegetation. Today, we proudly partner with 40+ leading utilities worldwide, including 4 of the top 10 US utilities, to help reduce wildfire risk and increase grid reliability to prevent power outages.
We have already proven our business model and we’re all united behind our ambitious vision to scale up this model to help humanity and the planet. We recently closed a $14 million Series A, led by B Capital and welcoming The Nature Conservancy to our collective of climate-minded investors. This milestone includes additional investment and continued support from Convective Capital, Semapa Next, Bentley iTwin Ventures, Pale blue dot, CapitalT, Moxxie Ventures, and Overwater Ventures
If you want to have a real impact and solve some of the world's most complex challenges with advanced technology, come work with our talented and passionate team. Overstory is a remote-first company, with people living all over the U.S. and Europe.
At Overstory, the Enterprise Customer Success Manager is responsible for building relationships with our existing customers from onboarding & implementation through to managing the entire customer journey and expanding and renewing contracts. With your deep understanding of the customer needs and the Overstory product, it is your goal to make our customers successful.
About the role
As an Enterprise Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing 8-10 large accounts, primarily based in the US.
- New customer onboarding, including organizing and leading the customer kick-off, discovery calls and coordinating external and internal progress calls, managing expectations and preparing customer deliveries.
- Securing revenue growth through conversions, expansion deals and renewals.
- Building and maintaining the relationship with existing customers, understanding their evolving needs and what drives success for them.
- Coordinating with the technical lead to ensure feasible planning and execution.
- Working closely with the product team to inform the product roadmap. Because you have a close understanding of the customer needs, you will have the opportunity to influence the roadmap.
- Spending time with customers to understand their workflows, priorities and processes deeply. This includes occasional travel to customer sites and field visits.
Traits we value:
- Empathy: You are empathetic and build strong relationships. You can easily step into the shoes of customers to understand their perspective, challenges and needs. You want to make our customers successful.
- Communication: You are an excellent communicator with non-technical and technical stakeholders from the customer and the Overstory team.
- Project management: Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects at the same time. With your organization skills and ability to set people in motion, you bring projects to a successful conclusion.
- Commercial thinker: You have a commercial mindset and have the ability to drive customer conversion, retention and growth.
- Collaborative: Team above ego.
- Mission-driven: You care deeply about building great products that help tackle our climate crisis.
Experience we value:
- You have been in startup environments, preferably working on complex enterprise solutions.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a customer facing role. In this role you have successfully managed projects from start to finish.
- Commercial experience that has led to business growth - in customer success, sales, account management or consulting roles.
- Experience working with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You have exceptional presentation skills and are comfortable meeting with senior stakeholders (VPs and CEOs) as well as industry experts and product end users (utility forresters).
- Knowledge of the utility / energy sector or forestry is a plus but not required.
Nice to have:
- You’ve worked with electric utilities in a previous role.
- You speak Spanish or Portuguese
What you get
- To be part of truly mission-driven work that reduces wildfires, protects earth’s natural resources and helps solve our climate crisis.
- Flexible working environment with a lot of autonomy. We build our work days around our lives, not the other way around.
- Other benefits like a remote working budget, an educational budget and time to develop new skills.
- To be surrounded by an excellent, vibrant, smart team who have each other's back and believe in a culture of openness, tolerance and respect.
- Equity and a competitive salary.
About our team
We are a group of 60 people from all over the world. Twelve nationalities are represented in our team. We work remotely from eleven different countries and meet up once a year in-person for our unforgettable team gathering event. We also offer the option to occasionally meet up for in-person collaboration.
Diversity & Inclusion
We place enormous value on diversity and inclusion and strive to continually bring in people of all genders, races, creeds, ethnicities, abilities and backgrounds. We believe that the best ideas emerge when people with different perspectives and approaches work together on a problem.
We’re always looking to diversify our team further, but we’re proud of the fact that four out of the eight people on our leadership team are female or non-white males, 40% of the overall team are female and 25% of the team are people of color. Our team speaks ten languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Luxembourgish, Indonesian and Cantonese.
Tackling the climate crisis is our greatest mission.
We act with urgency.
Our curiosity fuels our growth.
We recognize that change is constant, and we find joy and power in exploration.
We’re rooted in diversity.
Just as ecosystems need biodiversity to thrive, our resiliency comes from our differences.
We care for each other.
We love the power of machines but we nurture each other as humans.
Trust is fundamental.
We assume the best in everyone, and we share ideas openly so that we have a positive impact.