Product Marketing Lead
Working to solve our climate crisis is the most important mission of our time, and the most exciting problem to be working on. Overstory’s mission is to help solve our climate crisis by providing real-time intelligence about the planet’s vegetation. In our first step toward this mission, we are applying machine learning to satellite imagery to track forests and vegetation. Today, we proudly partner with 40+ leading utilities worldwide, including 4 of the top 10 US utilities, to help reduce wildfire risk and increase grid reliability to prevent power outages.
We have already proven our business model and we’re all united behind our ambitious vision to scale up this model to help humanity and the planet. We recently closed a $14 million Series A, led by B Capital and welcoming The Nature Conservancy to our collective of climate-minded investors. This milestone includes additional investment and continued support from Convective Capital, Semapa Next, Bentley iTwin Ventures, Pale blue dot, CapitalT, Moxxie Ventures, and Overwater Ventures
If you want to have a real impact and solve some of the world's most complex challenges with advanced technology, come work with our talented and passionate team. Overstory is a remote-first company, with people living all over the U.S. and Europe.
About the role
Summary: First Product Marketer. B2B enterprise SaaS. Climate tech. Utility market. Product = vegetation intelligence platform (ML + high res satellite imagery + trees). Market intel, strategy, positioning, sales enablement, product launches. Buyer obsession required.
As our inaugural Product Marketer, and part of a small (but mighty) and growing Marketing team, you will play a critical role in defining and positioning Overstory as a market leader, a must-have solution, and an innovator at the intersection of tech, trees, and electric utilities. As both strategist and doer, you will build the foundation and execute across all core Product Marketing functions and responsibilities – including market and buyer intel, positioning and packaging, sales enablement, product launch and campaigns, and analyst relations. You’ll work hand-in-hand with teammates across Product, Sales, CS, Marketing, and Executive orgs to define and deliver on our GTM strategy, and drive best-in-class product marketing for innovative climate tech with enterprise sales-led GTM motion. You are obsessed with customers, value, and impact.
Note: Product Marketing comes in all shapes and sizes. Our first Product Marketer will focus on the market, our ICP and buyer, and influencing the full sales funnel. We’re looking for a Product Marketer steeped in B2B enterprise SaaS and sales-led GTM motion experience.
- Market and buyer expertise - Own market and competitive research, analysis, and intel, to stay on top of the latest and greatest, and anticipate trends and shifts. Develop and own Voice of Customer. Create and maintain internal materials including competitive battle bards, personas, buyer insights, market happenings, and more. Anticipate and respond to the market to determine what to build, who to serve, and why.
- Product positioning, and packaging - Create and evolve differentiated product positioning, messaging, and content. Craft and define use cases, benefits/value props, and solutions. Define packaging in partnership with Finance, Product, and business teams.
- GTM strategist and liaison - Build, support, and help drive GTM, roadmaps, and activity. Be the conduit between GTM and Product–own relationships, processes, and strategy with the Product organization. Drive internal Voice of Customer practices.
- Sales and CS enablement - Own and evolve core sales, onboarding, and delivery enablement materials (decks, demos, tools). Own training and ensure adoption of best practices and materials. Ensure differentiation and value. Build for biggest impact.
- Product launches and campaigns - Hold the center on all product related marketing activity. Own and deliver product launches, content, and campaigns.
- Analyst and partner relations - Establish and maintain Overstory’s presence and relationships with key market and industry analysts, influencers, and partners. Conduct briefings, influence category positioning and lists, and capture and relay key industry findings from analysts. Position Overstory as the winner in preferred markets, categories, and through third-party platforms.
- You are a powerful storyteller. Ability to synthesize complex, nuanced information into clear, impactful messages.
- You have proven experience leading product marketing strategy, positioning and messaging, sales enablement, and campaigns. All at the same time.
- You are a pro at building consensus around the best ideas, with excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- You are buyer- and value-obsessed. You ask questions, solve problems, and build with value-rich buyer experience in mind. You know your audience and are always educating–buyers, internal teams, analysts, beyond.
- You have the proven ability to juggle, articulate, and prioritize ideas and initiatives, for maximum impact.
- You are naturally curious and driven to ask why. You are highly analytical (qual and quant) and data-driven, and have a knack for unearthing and distilling actionable insights.
- You have experience as a Product Marketer at a B2B enterprise SaaS startup, with a sales-led GTM motion.
- You are no stranger to early stage, high growth startups You flourish in an ever-evolving, fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and acting with many unknowns.
- You’re able to zoom out and think strategically, while also being extremely detail-oriented in the hands-on work.
- You have a passion for the urgency of solving our climate crisis.
- You’ve worked in the utility, energy, fire, insurance, or other related industries.
- You’ve worked on a product that is machine learning-based, and/or in the GIS, remote-sensing, or utility operations space. (You have some familiarity with our tech landscape.)
- You’re based on the East coast (or really like early mornings), to best overlap with our Europe-based Product teammates.
What you get
- To be part of truly mission-driven work that reduces wildfires, protects earth’s natural resources and helps solve our climate crisis.
- Flexible working environment with a lot of autonomy. We build our work days around our lives, not the other way around.
- Other benefits like a remote working budget, an educational budget and time to develop new skills.
- To be surrounded by an excellent, vibrant, smart team who have each other's back and believe in a culture of openness, tolerance and respect.
- Equity and a competitive salary.
About our team
We are a group of 70 people from all over the world. Twelve nationalities are represented in our team. We work remotely from eleven different countries and meet up once a year in-person for our unforgettable team gathering event. We also offer the option to occasionally meet up for in-person collaboration.
Diversity & Inclusion
We place enormous value on diversity and inclusion and strive to continually bring in people of all genders, races, creeds, ethnicities, abilities and backgrounds. We believe that the best ideas emerge when people with different perspectives and approaches work together on a problem.
We’re always looking to diversify our team further, but we’re proud of the fact that four out of the eight people on our leadership team are female or non-white males, 47% of the overall team are female and 20% of the team are people of color. Our team speaks thirteen languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Luxembourgish, Lithuanian, Bulgarian, Indonesian and Cantonese.
Tackling the climate crisis is our greatest mission.
We act with urgency.
Our curiosity fuels our growth.
We recognize that change is constant, and we find joy and power in exploration.
We’re rooted in diversity.
Just as ecosystems need biodiversity to thrive, our resiliency comes from our differences.
We care for each other.
We love the power of machines but we nurture each other as humans.
Trust is fundamental.
We assume the best in everyone, and we share ideas openly so that we have a positive impact.