Sales Development Representative
We apply data science, AI/ML prediction, optimization, and physical modeling to a range of applications that support decision-making, from early-stage siting of power plants to the daily operations of energy storage and solar projects. Our customers access these models via an easy-to-use web application or programmatically through our API and rely on the accuracy of our models and the performance of our software.
What you will do:
- Raise awareness and generate interest for Tyba through cold calling, emails, and social outreach to prospective customers
- Meet and exceed daily activity minimums including 50 emails
- Generate new leads using email prospecting tools, Outreach.io, LinkedIn Sales navigator, and other best of breed sales tools
- Understand and effectively communicate our offering and appeal to a variety of prospects
- Schedule quality meetings and work effectively with Tyba’s Executive Team and Account Executives
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Leverage CRM (Hubspot, Salesforce, etc) tools to prospect into specific markets and verticals
- Engage executives at targeted prospect accounts
- Work with Tyba’s Executive Team to develop outbound process and cadence
What we are looking for:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to write succinct, thoughtful, personalized emails along with a polished phone manner
- Desire to grow and excel in a sales position
- Strong desire to achieve goals and coach-ability
- Comfort with ambiguity and eagerness to work with Tyba’s Executive Team to build our sales processes from the ground-up
Bonus points for:
- 2+ years experience selling a SaaS product to a technical audience (e.g., CTO, CEO, COO)
- Proficiency with Salesforce, HubSpot, and Outreach
Do you need experience in energy or climate tech?
No. We seek to recruit from a broad range of backgrounds and are eager to speak with candidates that share our values and mission first and foremost. Once here, you will receive training and education on the specifics of energy markets and renewable energy relevant to your job. We will note if a role has energy-specific requirements in the job description.
Where is this role based?
This role will be based in Los Angeles, CA. For exceptional candidates, we will also consider Oakland, CA.
What is the interview process like?
We value your time and want the recruiting process to be as smooth as possible, so we make it simple! Once you’ve submitted your application the following steps will occur:
- Intro call with the hiring manager
- Follow up call with a Tyba sales team member you'll be working with, which will focus on your approach to phone and email outreach
- Culture and values interview with a Tyba team member
- Final call with the hiring manager
- We check references and make you an offer