Product Marketing Lead
We apply data science, AI/ML prediction, optimization, and physical modeling to a range of applications that support decision-making, from early-stage siting of power plants to the daily operations of energy storage and solar projects. Our customers access these models via an easy-to-use web application or programmatically through our API and rely on the accuracy of our models and the performance of our software.
You will be responsible for:
- Product marketing strategy: Gain a deep understanding of our audience, develop our positioning and messaging, and communicate about the product and its benefits to our audience.
- Positioning: Develop and execute strategies to improve product positioning and messaging.
- Messaging: Craft compelling messages across marketing channels (emails, web, etc).
- Launches: Plan and execute product launches from strategy to messaging, channel strategy, and measurement; collaborating with product, sales, and customer success.
- Lifecycle marketing: Create content and messaging for email drip campaigns throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Content strategy: We want to become the destination for learning about energy modeling and build the resources to be known as the experts. You’ll work with contractors and future content marketing hires to make this happen.
- Sales & Customer Success Enablement: Partner with sales and customer success to create content to support their outreach and conversations with prospects and customers.
Skills and experience:
- Marketing experience: At least five (5) years of marketing experience, with a focus on product marketing.
- Industry or business model experience: Experience marketing in B2B top-down sales environment.
- Experience setting marketing strategy AND executing: You’re able to balance strategic vision and operational excellence, from setting high-level team strategy to getting in the weeds planning launches and doing competitive research.This is an early-stage startup and you will be doing both.
- Product marketing depth: With core competencies in positioning, messaging, and launch management.
- Marketing breadth: You understand channel, content, and comms strategy in addition to product marketing strategy.
- Writing ability: You’ve written short-form and long-form content, and can point to examples of your writing.
- High-quality bar: You've developed marketing strategies and tactics that put the customer first, while hitting growth goals at the same time.
- Interest in our product/mission-aligned/values-aligned: Knowledge of clean tech or strong desire to learn about these topics quickly.
- Goal setting & prioritization: You know how to set both short-term goals and long-term goals that are used for prioritization and focused on impact.
What is the interview process like?
Our interview process focuses on core competencies. We want to make sure that you are set up for success at a fast-growing and high-impact startup. We will first get to know each other through conversations about Tyba, your background, and what you are looking for in your next role. While the specifics vary, from there, we will focus on evaluating your skills and experience relevant to the role. Once we have determined whether or not you are a fit for the team, we will help you get to know the company better and speak with other team members to inform your decision. We prioritize transparency, clear communication, and ensuring that we do our best to find a mutual fit.
Will you consider remote candidates?
This role will be based in Tyba’s Los Angeles or Oakland office. We will also consider remote working locations for excellent candidates.