Staff Software Engineer
We are looking for team members who love working directly with customers on technical problems and are eager to shape the culture of a collaborative and fast-growing team. You will join a team with deep experience in modeling, software development, and energy backed by leading investors in the climate, energy, and software sectors. We have offices in Los Angeles, Oakland, and remote team members across the US.
- Enthusiastic about working on technical challenges for enterprise, data science-based products (2+ years of experience in software engineering).
- Experience working with shared codebases and collaborative teams.
- Have a penchant for functional programming.
- Are a generalist full-stack engineer able to pick up new frameworks quickly.
- Enjoy understanding technical domains deeply.
Our technical process:
- We use Clojure(script), Python, Tailwind CSS, Datomic, PostgreSQL, and AWS.
- We believe in shipping code quickly and continuously.
Qualities we value
- Grit: Startups require adaptability and perseverance. We value stamina to stay the course.
- Long-term focus: We’re building a company for the next 10+ years, and we want our teams’ decision-making to share that perspective.
- Sense of urgency: Without trading off focus on long-term objectives, we manifest results quickly and are driven by intrinsic motivation, not external incentives.
- Integrity: Integrity manifests in the way we show up, make decisions, and communicate with each other.
Do you need experience in energy or climate tech?
No. We seek to recruit from a broad range of backgrounds and are eager to speak with candidates that share our values and mission first and foremost. Once here, you will receive training and education on the specifics of energy markets and renewable energy relevant to your job. We will note if a role has energy-specific requirements in the job description.
What is the interview process like?
Our interview process focuses on core competencies. We want to make sure that you are set up for success at a fast-growing and high-impact startup. We will first get to know each other through conversations about Tyba, your background, and what you are looking for in your next role. While the specifics vary, from there, we will focus on evaluating your skills and experience relevant to the role. Once we have determined whether or not you are a fit for the team, we will help you get to know the company better and speak with other team members to inform your decision. We prioritize transparency, clear communication, and ensuring that we do our best to find a mutual fit.
Will you consider remote candidates?
This role will be based in Tyba’s Los Angeles or Oakland office. We will also consider remote working locations for excellent candidates.